Please or Register to create posts and topics.

generate real time terrain of the area the camera/player is in?

TerraWorld looks like a great asset. But I need to know if it is possible to generate the entire world (earth as a sphere) while I fly with some GameObject X. I want to zoom out the terrain, scroll the Earth globe and then zoom in with TerraWorld as my terrain generator when I zoom in enough. (You can think about it like google Earth but for a game) is it possible using TerraWorld? (For the zoom-in terrain generation on demand?)

Thanks for the kind words. Currently TerraWorld is not multi-tiled and only supports one terrain per scene as you guessed but that's on the roadmap: https://terraunity.com/milestone/

But we are working on a new solution to stream large 3D environments from local/online servers. Please find more info about this solution as follows:

This solution will bring highly detailed 3D world chunks in a standalone local/remote server which can be streamed in Unity engine. The end goal is to merge this solution with our other product TerraWorld to mix nature scenes with urban areas for a full city generation service on cloud.
The first stage of the development process is focused on building and streaming terrain tiles with the ability to edit tiles and/or add models on top of it.
The second stage is to generate 3D buildings based on the best available geo-spatial data sources like ESRI, OpenStreetMap.
The third stage of the process is to add road & traffic system to generated scenes based on the real-world data.
With all the stages in place, we will end up with a highly detailed and accurate digital twin model of any city on Earth using available real-world data via advanced AI processing on cloud where it contains terrain surfaces, satellite images, 3D buildings and road system, nature elements, weather system, rendering style and possibly any type of modifications for a realistic or stylish scene.
Achieved environments and implemented solutions can be used in various platforms of AR, VR, MR, Desktop, console and etc. through various fields of gaming, navigation, mapping & GPS tracking, geology, flood control system, autonomous vehicle simulation, military training, municipality, real estate, tourism, agriculture, public transportation, educational, flight simulator, maritime, aerospace and etc.
You can see an early version of the solution in action in a mixed reality demo we worked on in the second video.
henryqng and Ofir have reacted to this post.
henryqngOfir

Thanks for the full information! I really appreciate that you took the time to detailed everything out! I will follow the milestone achievements!

Btw, What about TerraLand?

Does TerraLand have this ability?

Because currently I need only the terrain without the city/road data.

I'm creating like a Before common era game, as the earth was without all the human touch.

terraunity has reacted to this post.
terraunity

You are welcome and happy to help you out 🙂

Below I direct you to some of the information you may need to run your scenes in TerraLand.
Runtime Streaming of terrain data in TerraLand comes in 2 modes, Online and Offline Streaming.
In Online mode, you set a starting point on Earth and when you go to play mode, all surrounding terrains will be generated around player on-demand acquiring data from ESRI servers using internet.
When you are in Offline mode (Recommended), you select a big region (can be a country-sized area) and start capturing data tiles for the area so that you can stream in runtime from this cached server without needing internet connection on your hard drive or local/remote server location.
In offline mode where you already captured data tiles, you can select starting point in the area at level start but you can implement to query this operation at any time during runtime; read through this post to get started: https://forum.unity.com/threads/released-terraland-3-streaming-huge-real-world-custom-terrains-for-open-world-environments.532304/page-7#post-4433686
TerraLand comes with plenty of demo scenes to get you started in any of the available world creation modes.
TerraLand is flexible through its various settings to setup proper resolutions and parameters based on user's target platform so you can define all the settings for yourself and gain practical performance. For large worlds in a streaming environment take a look at the following video where we have background mountains in the scene to hide new terrain popping:
henryqng has reacted to this post.
henryqng

Does the online mode cost money to use?

Is there a limitation to the number of network calls per X?

I mean, Someone needs to pay to keep ESRI servers functional and up to date... (Or is it like something international free of cost?)

Second question, in the offline mode, is it possible to fetch the entire earth in chunks?

for example, fetching a big region and saving it, then fetching another one, etc.

and in the end to use those multiple regions as one big map?

Good questions;

Since we are a certified Esri user, there is no need to pay any amount or subscribe or even login to get an API key while using our products and they all being covered already.

Current TL Downloader limits the Area Size to 1000x1000km2 because if you try to generate the entire Earth, your surface will not have land features and details so it will be a flat surface and not practical at all.

But with the new streaming system I introduced at above which is an upcoming product, you can have various regions in a big server and you can go ahead and add other regions as you develop scenes so there are no limitations in terms of size and details with the ability to stream any asset in your scene.

henryqng has reacted to this post.
henryqng

Thanks for the update!

Is the limitations consider the zoom level?

I mean, is it Area Size to 1000x1000km2 as in Earth or can I zoom out and fetch more region area with less detail?

And Is there a release date for the upcoming product?

You are welcome. No, limitations are not related to zoom levels since we obtain data directly from mosaic servers or real-time rendering servers.

The upcoming product is planned to be released in about 2 months from now.

Ofir has reacted to this post.
Ofir

Can't wait for the update 😀

Will check in in two months!

Thanks and God speed!

terraunity has reacted to this post.
terraunity

Sure thing and thanks for the support 🙂 As always you can follow-up latest announcements and updates from our Discord server here: https://discord.gg/9J6Jk7B