TerraTrees plugin is the ultimate solution for managing vegetation in your scene inside Unity3D.
- A Vegetation-Map is an ordinary image with the same size of your terrain which is created using your image editing software or downloaded. This image contains 2 or more colors to represent which areas on terrain, has to be filled with vegetation. These colors then can be picked by Color Picker in TerraTrees to use them as areas for vegetation placement.
- Intelligent Trees: No need for Vegetation Maps, TerraTrees will use your Satellite Image as the map to detect vegetation areas based on an automatic process.
- Mapping Trees: You need your Vegetation Map whether created by you yourself in your Image Editing Programs or got them by available online/offline resources which produce these maps. Then select Color Picker to assign vegetation areas.
- Normal Trees: No Images or Maps required at all. It’s just an option if you want your vegetation to take place on the entire terrain.
When you’ve set up everything as desired, just press the button “PLACE TREES” and your terrain will be filled with vegetation in a way you wished. The whole progress time is based on total number of trees for the placement. However this is a fast process that can place thousands of trees just in seconds, but you can still cancel the progress at any time during the placement.
- Mode Switch between “Intelligent Trees”, “Mapping Trees” & “Normal Trees”
- Show/Hide Image-Map preview
- Satellite Image/Map Rotation feature
- Color Picker with Damping feature in “Mapping Trees” mode.
- Preview of total number of trees placed on terrain so far
- Vegetation Preview with full settings on trees
- Advanced Mode to Run/Bypass Undo operations from Unity3D Edit menu
- “Remove All”, “Remove Selected”, ”Remove & Replace” and ”Keep & Add” vegetation on terrain
- Trees Manager to Add/Remove/Replace tree prototypes from Terrain System
- Preview of selected tree
- Change Tree Bending
- Single tree type or Collection tree types with priority option
- Scale Variation in models’ width & height
- Color Variation in models with ”OVERRIDE” feature
- Row /Natural placement
- Density of placing models
- Limit for Maximum Trees Number
- “Environment Settings” for Terrain Steepness & Elevation
- “Steepness Range” to modify Minimum & Maximum degrees of Terrain surface angle during placement
- Preview/Export Steepness Map Filter with adjustable resolution for Geology operations
- “Elevation Zone” to set elevation ranges for placement
- Show/Hide Editor Preview of Tree Zone in specified elevation range
- Preview of the Highest & Lowest point of Terrain
- “Intelligent Trees” mode RGB Analyzer for various color filterings
- Update Vegetation to update the terrain for any changes made in vegetation models
- Normal Placement on entire terrain
- Cancellation of progress at any time during placement